Audition & Admission Requirements
For More Information on Auditions
For more information on auditions for the 2021-2022 school year, please complete our auditions contact form and we will add you to our contact list.
2. ALL STUDENTS MUST AUDITION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION! Make sure you attend one of the auditions. If you are not able to attend the scheduled auditions, call us to make an appointment instead.
3. Please remember, if you attend an audition but do not apply to our school on your high school application, even if you pass the audition, you will not be considered for acceptance. YOU MUST APPLY AND AUDITION!
Contact Us With Questions
High School admissions will be online this year. You can apply online to Celia Cruz beginning January 18th, 2021.
Click here to learn more about the high school applications process.
You should apply using the following codes:
All auditions will be virtual this year. You do not need to attend any audition in person. Instead, you will need to upload an audition video to the Virtual Audition Submission tool. Click here to access the tool. You will also need to have a one-on-one interview with a music teacher in the program that you applied to. Interviews will take place on Zoom. Information on how to schedule an interview will be posted soon. For more information about Virtual Auditions click here.
The interview focuses on four key areas that are essential to any student who wishes to study music at Celia Cruz. They are:
1) A passion for making music
2) A commitment to study music for all four years of high school
3) Potential for a professional music career
4) How a student would be an asset to the school community
The interview also gives students an opportunity to share information that may not have been included in the school application or audition video.
The submission guidelines that you need to follow while making your audition video are on the first page of the Virtual Audition Submission Tool. Click here to access it.
Only one for most students. You can use the same video to audition for Celia Cruz or any other music program. If you are applying to two or more different programs you will need a video for each. For example, if you are applying for band and choir you will need to make an audition video for each one.
Celia Cruz will hold two Audition Workshops to help students learn how to make their videos. The workshops will be held:
Thursday, January 28th, 6PM
Wednesday, February 10th, 6PM
If the school needs more information after reviewing your application and audition video you may receive a “call back” so that the school can better evaluate you. Do not be concerned if you do or do not receive a “call back.”
High School Admissions informs all students of their match to high school.
Complete the Contact Us With Questions form on the school’s website under auditions. Click here to be directed to it.
Email addresses for the most commonly contacted school employees and a Contact Form can be found here.